Adevinta is seeking a highly motivated and experienced commercial contracts counsel to join our legal team. The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified lawyer in any European jurisdiction with a strong background in commercial law and will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts.
• Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor agreements, service agreements, technology agreements, licensing agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other commercial agreements as needed.
• Collaborate with various departments, including sales, procurement, technology, and finance, to provide legal advice and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Provide legal guidance on general commercial matters, including data protection, intellectual property, consumer protection, and other areas as needed.
• Work closely with the [Head of Legal Procurement / Global Commercial Contracts Manager] to implement global best practice, standard templates and updates to Adevinta’s clause library related to commercial contracts.
• Assist in the management of external legal counsel as needed.
• Fully qualified lawyer in any European jurisdiction.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in commercial law, with a focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial contracts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with fluency in at least one other European language preferred.
• Ability to work across European cultures and communicate effectively with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Strong business acumen and ability to understand and analyse complex legal and business issues.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and take on tasks as needed.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to work for a global leader in online classifieds and believe you have the skills and experience required, please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will have experience working with legal systems and contract management technology. They will be able to use technology tools to improve contract management processes and streamline workflows. They will also have experience with legal systems and databases and will be comfortable managing large volumes of contracts and data.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- EN: Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc), Free daily breakfast, 26 days of holidayPrograma flexible de prestaciones (transporte, restaurantes, guardería, etc.), Desayuno diario gratuito, 26 días de vacaciones
We're Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We're all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities – whether it's a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.