As a senior backend developer, you will join the Specs & Matching team, whose mission is to collect, consolidate and make available to our internal and external customers data on all vehicles produced over the decades.
You'll join a multidisciplinary team of backend and web developers, a devops and a QA analyst, where a spirit of benevolence and solidarity is essential.
You will report to Baptiste, the team's Engineering Manager, who heads up the Feature Team in tandem with Nicolas, Product Owner, and you will work closely with Séverine, Armelle, Lucas and Théo, backend developers already on the team.
Your tasks :
Designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs and/or customizes IT solutions for own company or external customers.
Apply best practices and advanced methodologies, including Scrum techniques, to examine system requirements, business processes and evolving development and technology environments.
Assist tribal teams in making technological and methodological choices.
Lead and participate in the realization of projects within the framework of guild workshops to ensure the scalability of the technical ecosystem over time.
Maintain expertise through technological and methodological watch
Supporting the development of the tribe's junior engineers
Participate in recruitment.
Technical environment :
- Distributed architecture with microservices in Go
- Clean-oriented code and hexagonal architecture
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, REST API, Broker Kafka
- Unit testing
- Code review and pair programming
- Versioning code with git and Gerrit
- CI/CD with Zuul and Concourse
- Agile methodology practices
- Quality assurance
- Enjoy working as part of a team and be friendly to everyone you interact with
- More than 3 years' experience in GO backend development
- Knowledge of AWS would be a plus
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- An excellent Equity program. This role plays a key part to the success of the organisation and therefore you will receive a piece of Adevinta every 6 months.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!
We're Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We're all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities – whether it's a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.