We are looking for a professional individual to join our highly motivated A(d)venger team as a Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m). Our Java and Kotlin based backend micro services within advertising are the heart of Germany's top sustainable classifieds platform which is the main driver for revenue. Take this opportunity to shape and improve the advertising experience of millions of users. Be part of a team, which is fully responsible for running scalable services by applying state-of-the-art engineering practices. Be focused while playing with tons of real time data, extending our in-house tools with innovative features to conduct hundreds of A/B tests a year and connecting external advertising partner APIs. Would you like to be part of innovation? It's your turn!
Develop, release, monitor services in production.
Work together with Product, Yield, Analytics and Design experts to develop the future of ebay Kleinanzeigen.
Build and design applications for scale, which handle thousands of requests per second.
Ensure quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems.
Drive your own ideas for code and process improvements.
We expect to see:
You have a passion for writing clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
At least 3 years of programming experience in Java/Kotlin and the Spring Framework
Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
Believer in cross-functional collaboration and a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
It would be a plus to see:
Good know-how in design patterns and object-oriented design
Experience with cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud
Showing interest in client-side libraries and internal user interfaces
Ability to mentor others in a field of expertise
Experience within advertising domain is a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 28 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
We're Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We're all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities – whether it's a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.