JOB ROLE / PURPOSE
The Consolidation Accountant is instrumental in supporting the Head of External Reporting & Consolidation in improving the quality of the Group’s consolidated financial reporting. This role will be responsible for drawing up the group's consolidated accounts, supporting the audit process, ensuring all required accounts are filed with the relevant authorities.
Prepare accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly consolidated financial statements and related schedules and documentation in accordance with IFRS for internal and external use whilst ensuring that the internal and external reporting deadlines are met
Develop the Group's monthly, quarterly and annual group accounting processes
Perform the preparation of consolidation journals, eliminations and group intercompany reconciliations and related controls
Review the monthly reporting from divisional finance teams and resolve issues
Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
Implement improvements to systems and financial controls
Assist the Group's external auditors with the annual audit of consolidated financial statements
Work with auditors to ensure a smooth audit of the group financial statements
Interpret data and providing concise explanations on trends and variances in the group financial statements
• Assist with acquisition and disposal accounting
ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent) qualified accountant
Experience working with a large, global finance team or professional services firm•Experience of preparing consolidated financial statements for a global group•Good working knowledge of IFRS
Excellent financial acumen and analytical thinking•Strong working knowledge of consolidation tools and month end reporting
Onestream working knowledge and S4H capabilities are a plus
Proven success in influencing strategic business decisions & driving significant improvements to business performance
Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge & collaborate
Excellent Google suite skills
Fluent English is essential, while additional languages are an advantage (Spanish in particular)
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- EN: Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc), Free daily breakfast, 26 days of holidayPrograma flexible de prestaciones (transporte, restaurantes, guardería, etc.), Desayuno diario gratuito, 26 días de vacaciones
We're Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We're all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities – whether it's a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms which all of our brands can use. This means using cutting edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.